Sunday 5 March 2017

SEMESTER TWO: Week 5 Homework

I also really enjoyed this homework, as I really enjoyed the techniques we practised in class. My first attempt was okay, as seen below, but I made an error with perspective so I redid this piece, and it turned out a lot stronger. I think the combination of mediums (charcoal and pencil) is effective at capturing the tonal contrast, and limited myself to only drawing dark, light and mid-tones prevents the piece becoming overworked and too dark. 

While I do also like the continuous line drawings I did for the homework, I struggled more with composition and proportion/perspective with these, as you don't really have an opportunity to plan our your design first. The choice of pen maybe wasn't best here for that very reason, although I wanted to be more confident with drawing which is why I tried to avoid using pencil. What I learnt here is to sketch out a very basic version of the scene first, and then use this as a guideline for the continuous line.





No comments:

Post a Comment